I am a very big quality over quantity person which means when I find something I love, I’m willing to spend a decent amount of money on it if I know I will use it or wear it A LOT. I strive for simplicity and love the idea of ridding our lives of excess stuff and creating more time and space in our lives for people, experiences, and passions we truly love.
With social media and the internet always at our fingertips, I find it can be overwhelming, addicting, and consuming. The internet is ENDLESS. Part of the reason I wanted to start this blog was to help friends simplify. To create a space where you could go find an item or recipe that was recommended by a friend rather than wasting an obscene amount of time searching google or pinterest for the right car seat or best new skin care line among so many other things.
My truest joy and happiness comes from my family and friends. But I wanted to share with you my top favorite things from 2016 that I either wore or used almost every day, that made my life simpler or just simply brought me joy.
- These dreamy cotton striped pajamas from J. Crew are perfect for when you’re traveling to families houses during the holidays and for when your at home. I wear them an embarassing amount and I love them. And today you can get them 40% off!
2. This Patagonia Pullover from nordstrom that has kept me warm every single morning (that I am home and not working) since the day I bought it. It’s a bit pricey but I have a rule that if I wear it more than 3 days a week, its worth the investment! Plus, I love patagonia as a company!
3. Canon Rebel T6s with a 50mm 1.8 lens. One of my most prized possessions that Bryan bought for me after we had Grace. I’ve had a lot of people ask me what camera and lens I use and this is it! I use this lens 90% of the time and highly recommend it! Ond of the best things about this camera is that it has wifi meaning you can wirelessly upload your photos from your camera to your phone and share them instantly!
4. My new Fawn Design Diaper Bag is amazing! Having a backpack diaper bag and being able to be hands free has changed my life. And this bag is so darling! And the creator of Fawn Design is inspiring!
5. Staying hydrated is such a challenge as a new Mom and while I’m at work. This thing is responsible for helping get water in throughout the day. It’s nice because it keeps my water cold all day even when I’m working 12 hours and has a spill proof lid, which I definitely need.
Would love to hear what your favorite things of 2016 are!
Happy Saturday my Friends!