We live in a humble 1400 square foot home in San Diego that we love, but there is really no extra space to have things around that we don’t need or love. Clutter is not my friend. and I love the idea of instilling a minimalistic and simple lifestyle in my children. We are consistently, every 3 months or so, going through Grace’s clothes and toys to donate things she no longer needs or plays with and putting certain things into storage in the garage or attic that she no longer uses but we think the next child will enjoy. Today I want to share with you her top favorite things that she uses or plays with almost every single day and that we would never dream of getting rid of until she really grows out of them, which hopefully won’t be for years to come. (you can click on the photos below for the link to shop each item)
1. A play kitchen. We bought the kidkraft kitchen on Amazon but you can also get it at Walmart or Wayfair. Make sure to shop around because the prices vary and change frequently. Disclosure: It took Bryan almost 3 hours to put this kitchen together. Also, Ikea sells a simple kitchen for a similar price and some cute kitchen accessories!
2. Bunny. Grace sleeps with her Bunny every night. Jellycat stuffed animals and books are so sweet and soft and have definitely been some of Gracie’s favorite things this past year. The stuffed animal paired with the matching book are a really sweet baby shower gift. You can buy them on Amazon or Nordstrom and get free shipping!
3. Baby doll. Grace has a few dolls but this one is by far her favorite. She also sleeps with her baby every night too. Grace’s Godmother, who spoils her more than the sun shines in San Diego, bought her one for Christmas. Grace and baby have been inseparable ever since. I believe you can also get them at Costco around Christmas time.
4. Books! My child LOVES books. We read her five books every night before she goes down for a nap and before bed. And it’s funny how quickly she developed a strong opinon about which ones were her favorites. At her age (almost 20 months) and younger, the paper pages are risky because she sometimes accidentally tears them. But some of her all time favorites are paper page books! The board books are great for her age and younger because the pages are so much easier to turn. Right now I would say her top 3 favorites are A Sick Day for Amos Mcgee, Gaston and How to Catch a Star.
5. WeeRide Bike Seat. I got a lot of questions about this bikeseat which was lended to us by our lovely neighbors across from us. It is a WeeRide Bike Seat and Grace loves it! We go for rides around Lake Miramar, Mission Bay and Mission Beach as often as we can!
6. Kids Not a Knot Conditioner. Before using this conditioner Grace’s hair was really tough to comb through after her bath. This conditioner works so well and I can feel confident using it on Grace knowing it’s a safe product created by Beautycounter. I use the smallest amount and it makes the biggest difference!
Happy Saturday! Hope you all enjoy your weekend!